Tuesday 4 January 2011

Day 4 - I just realised how unfit I am

I have been a bit distracted today with uni work so it wasn't until it got to about 10 past 9 this evening when I suddenly realised I hadn't been for my run today... So I jumped into my running stuff, grabbed my iPhone and set off... I checked the time, it was around 9.20... Jolly good I thought to myself as I locked my front door, I will make it around this mile in about 10mins like yesterday and be home in time to watch that program on channel 4 that I now can't remember the name of that starts at 9.35...

ooohhhhhh how wrong was I... I managed to make it 0.95 miles and then I had to dive behind a bus stop to throw up, what is all this being sick about !! It really hurt and I felt like I was going to have to phone someone and tell them to come pick me up from behind the bus stop outside the church in Highbury Barn just 0.05 miles up the hill from my house because I felt like I couldn't move... I was in agony, I sat at the bus stop (forgetting I was wearing a pair of shorts and a hoodie) to recover before going home... In fact I was thinking of taking a photo of my sick so I could publish it on here for you all to look at but then a bus FULL to the brim (god knows why it was soo full at what must now have been about 25 to 10) stopped beside me as my iPhone was autofocusing on the trail of slime that was now creeping towards the edge of the curb and the drain below...

This startled me so I sheepishly got up and walked down the road to my house which coincidently happens to be right outside the next bus stop (don't ask me why they are so close together but it really annoys me when people get off at the stop before mine because if they hadn't of got off I would most probably be in my house by the time the bus starts moving again...) Sorry I kinda went off topic a bit there, so anyway as I was unlocking my door and wipeing the last bit of sick off my face what should suddenly pull up beside me and open it's doors... Yup the bus that was full of people that saw me trying to take a photo of sick, great and now they know where I live as I was standing with the door open and a set of keys in my hand... Now I will have to move house because every time those people get the bus home and it stops at this stop all they will remember is the boy that tried to take a photo of the sick...

So now I seem to have missed about 50mins of the program but it's okay it's one of those top 50 things so it will be on for about another hour and a half still, I will catch the good part so I'm not too bothered...

I hope no one else's run ended up as embarrassing as mine was today and I hope none of you happened to be on the number 4 bus to Archway about an hour ago or that would be even more embarrassing !!

So I managed 0.95 miles
in a time of 8mins and 34seconds
with an average pace of 9.02 mins per mile...

Here is a map of my almost finished Square Mile run... 

1 comment:

  1. ouch. next one will be better. can only be better.

    ReplyDelete