Monday 3 January 2011

Day 3 - Square Mile

I just got back from my run and I just found a route that is about a mile round trip... It's quite a nice one, more of a square than a circle with a big downhill finale to my door, I have decided to claim it as my very own Square Mile that I am the boss of...

This is good for me as when I get to a mile I seem to start lagging and I usually only make it to about 1.2 or 1.3 before giving up and feeling like I failed the run in some way, it feels nice to be able to run straight from my door all the way around and end up back at my door, I feel like I have accomplished something...

I have just decided to make an action plan, I will do this new Square Mile everyday this week and towards the end of the week I will add on an extra block or two and see how that pans out, I'm hoping to convice myself it's actually the same distance even though I will be adding blocks on here and there...

Today I managed ;

1.05 miles,
in 9mins 32
with an average speed of 9.04 miles per minute
This is a map of my new Square Mile...  


What makes today even better I hear you ask... I didn't feel like I was going to vom by the end of the run, probzo due to the lack of Doritos and Sour Cream :)

Bring on tomorrow...

4 comments:

  1. I'm gonna claim my own square mile tomorrow before work!
    Well done and keep in touch xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of being boss of your own Square Mile. Good work on the running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the support guys, I'm gonna try and do a bit more this afternoon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree... I'm planning on finding mine tomorrow... :-)

    ReplyDelete